Healthy Apple Pie Protein Smoothie Recipe
This Healthy apple pie protein smoothie recipe has all the flavors of apple pie in smoothie form. Filled with fresh apples, old fashion oats and protein powder, this makes it the perfect breakfast to enjoy on the go. Check out these other delicious smoothie recipes: birthday cake smoothie, 3 ingredient smoothie, tropical smoothie kiwi quencher.
This post may contain affiliate links in which I receive a small commission.
When it’s apple season, what better way to put those freshly picked apples to good use than this apple pie smoothie recipe. It’s an easy way to enjoy all of the health benefits of apples filled with apple pie flavor.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Comforting Flavor Profile: The combination of apples and cinnamon gives the smoothie a warm, comforting taste that evokes the feeling of indulging in a slice of homemade apple pie.
- Plenty of protein: This healthy apple smoothie comes in at 30 grams of protein making it a quick breakfast that will keep you fuller longer.
- Simple to make: Toss all of your ingredients into a high-powered blender and you’ll be enjoying this recipe in minutes.
- Quick and Convenient: Making an apple pie smoothie is usually faster and easier than baking an actual pie. It’s a convenient option for those with busy lifestyles.
- Satisfies Sweet Tooth Cravings: If you’re craving something sweet, an apple pie smoothie can be a healthier alternative to a slice of apple pie with refined sugars and unhealthy fats.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR HEALTHY APPLE PIE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
- Apples – I chose Sweet Tango apples. It is a sweeter apple that has hints of honey, citrus and spice. It pairs well with the cinnamon protein powder. Honeycrisp, Gala or Fiji apple are good options as well.
- Banana – Can be fresh or a frozen banana to add some extra flavor and creamy smoothie.
- Cinnamon Cereal protein powder – Apple pie would not be the same without the cinnamon spice. I used BodyTech Cinnamon Cereal Whey protein powder for that cinnamon kick.
- Old fashion oats – I added oats for a thicker smoothie consistency
- Almond milk – has a mild nutty flavor with a slightly sweet undertone
WHAT TYPE OF MILK TO USE
For this recipe, I opted for Almond milk, as it’s a staple in our pantry. If you have specific dietary preferences, use the milk that aligns best with those.
Some additional options to consider are:
- Oat milk
- Soy milk
- Coconut milk
- Cashew milk
For a vegan apple pie smoothie, skip the milk all together and substitute apple juice instead.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE SMOOTHIE
Full ingredients list including amounts located in the recipe card below.
Put all of your ingredients including the apple slices, banana, oats, protein powder, almond milk and ice cubes in a high-speed blender. Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Pour into a large glass or container.
CAN I ADD NUT BUTTER
Nut butter would be a great addition to this already healthy smoothie. It would add some healthy fat as well as add some additional protein. A few nut butters that would make a great addition are:
- Peanut butter
- Cashew butter
- Almond butter
CREATIVE TOPPINGS FOR EASY APPLE PIE SMOOTHIE
If you want to make this apple pie protein smoothie more into a healthy dessert, try some of these creative toppings for your smoothie.
- Ground nutmeg – If you love spice, top this already perfect smoothie with just a sprinkle of nutmeg to capture all of the fall flavors.
- Whipped cream – low sugar whipped cream provides just the right amount of sweetness and dessert like feel.
- Crushed graham crackers – to add some texture and more cinnamon spice
This recipe accounts for one single serving of this smoothie. If you happen to have any extra, pour the extra into a freezer safe container and place in the freezer. Will freeze well for up to three months.
When you are ready to drink the remainder, remove from the freezer and set in fridge to begin the defrost process.
If you make this recipe, feel free to leave me a comment down below. Let’s stay in touch! Feel free to follow me on my social media as I share more healthy recipes, fitness workouts and motherhood. Give a follow at: Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest!
Healthy Apple Pie Protein Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Sharp Knife
- 1/2 Apple cored
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 cup Almond Milk or milk of choice
- 1 scoop Cinnamon Cereal Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Oats Old fashion or Steel cut
- 1/4 cup Ice
- 1 Scoop Whipped Cream Sugar Free
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Graham Cracker Crumbled
- Put all of your ingredients including the apple slices, banana, oats, protein powder, almond milk and ice cubes in a high-speed blender. Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a large glass or container.