Looking for the Best 4-ingredient Crockpot Salsa Chicken Recipe? Then look no further. This chicken is such an easy dinner recipe especially for busy weeknights. It’s just 4 simple ingredients and you will have the best pulled salsa chicken with a slightly spicy and smoky flavor. If you want more easy meals the whole family can enjoy, try this Easy Cheesy Turkey Taco Skillet, Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Creamy Poblano Sauce, or this Steak Enchilada Skillet.
This post may contain affiliate links in which I receive a small commission.
I love crock pot meals because you truly can make a delicious meal with very little effort. This recipe is perfect for new moms when you want to still feed your family a meal that is healthy and nutritious. The best part, is that this 4-ingredient crockpot salsa chicken is extremely customizable in that you can serve it in a variety of ways.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Healthier Option: Turkey is a leaner meat compared to beef, making it a healthier choice for those watching their fat intake or trying to incorporate more lean proteins into their diet.
- Flavorful and Versatile: When seasoned and cooked properly, turkey can be just as flavorful and satisfying as beef. It can take on a variety of seasonings, making it easy to customize to your taste.
- Quick and Easy: One-pan skillet recipes are often quick and easy to prepare. This means less time spent cooking and more time enjoying your meal.
- All-in-One Meal: The skillet method typically means you’re cooking everything in one pan, which simplifies the cooking process and minimizes clean-up.
- Family-Friendly: The flavors of a turkey taco skillet are typically well-loved by both adults and children, making it a family-friendly option.
MAIN INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR 4-INGREDIENT CROCKPOT SALSA CHICKEN
As the name suggests, there are only 4 ingredients that you need to make this meal.
- Chicken – Boneless chicken breasts will provide a leaner protein and lower fat content and it is what I use for this recipe. However if you have boneless skinless chicken thighs those are a good alternative as well. Just note it will add additional calories and has a slightly higher fat content than chicken breast.
- Taco Seasoning – Take a shortcut and pick up your favorite brand of store bought low sodium taco seasoning or you can make your own homemade taco seasoning. My best homemade chicken taco seasoning recipe would be great for this recipe.
- Chipotle Sauce – Chipotle sauce adds a slight spicy, smoky and sweet flavor to this already easy recipe. If you can’t find canned chipotle sauce, substitute chipotle in adobe sauce. Blend the chipotles and sauce in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Rotel tomatoes – Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles bring a mild heat to the this dish.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT SALSA CHICKEN
Full recipe details including amounts are located in the recipe card below.
Using your slow cooker or an Instant pot on the slow cooker function, spray the pot with olive oil. Next place chicken breasts at the bottom of the pot and pour all of the ingredients over the chicken including the taco seasoning, Rotel and chipotle sauce. Stir well to incorporate all of the seasoning.
Cook for 5-6 hours on low heat or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
When the chicken is cooked, remove from the pot and shred using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and let it soak up the delicious sauce and spices.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS FOR SLOW COOKER CHICKEN
Being truly one of my favorite slow cooker recipes given there are a variety of ways that you can choose to serve this delicious dinner:
Rice – serve alongside some cilantro lime jasmine rice or brown rice and make like a burrito bowl
Tortillas – Whether it’s corn tortillas, flour tortillas or street style tortillas, this chicken makes the best slow cooker chicken tacos. Top with your favorite taco toppings like guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
Nachos – grab some tortilla chips and load them up with this chicken taco recipe and add some black beans, lettuce, diced tomatoes, jalapeños and a sprinkle of cheese
STORAGE AND REHEATING OF 4-INGREDIENT SLOW COOKER CHICKEN
Store the shredded chicken along with the juices in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Reheat the chicken in the oven on 250 degrees for approximately 15 minutes stirring halfway through or until the chicken is warmed through. Alternatively, you can reheat in the microwave for 1 minute on high for a single serving or until the chicken is warmed through.
This simple recipe is truly a family favorite and I make it almost weekly. With so many amazing flavors it is sure to become one of your favorites as well. If you like this recipe please feel free to leave a comment and star rating down below.
Best 4-Ingredient Crockpot Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 3 large Chicken Breasts approx. 1 lb.
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Sauce
- Using your slow cooker or an Instant pot on the slow cooker function, spray the pot with olive oil. Next place chicken breasts at the bottom of the pot and pour all of the ingredients over the chicken including the taco seasoning, Rotel and chipotle sauce. Stir well to incorporate all of the seasoning.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on low heat or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pot and shred using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and let it soak up the delicious sauce and spices.
- Serve and enjoy!