Looking for a super simple dinner? Look no further than these Thai Sweet Chili meatballs. These come together so quickly for an easy weeknight meal. If you like recipes like these you might also like these Stuffed BBQ Chicken Sweet potatoes.
WHAT ARE THAI SWEET CHILI MEATBALLS?
They are a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy but a whole lotta good. Okay, I know that wasn’t the best description but it’s so accurate! These meatballs are a take on asian sticky meatballs but as always, I try to make them just a bit healthier. Turkey meatballs are a great alternative to pork or beef as it helps in cutting down on the fat (but never the flavor). By using typical asian spices such as fish sauce, soy sauce and ginger, this creates a delectable combination of flavors.
HOW TO MAKE THAI SWEET CHILI MEATBALLS
First you want to pre heat your oven to 375 degrees.
Next, in a bowl mix all of your ingredients for your meatballs and mix throughly to incorporate all of the seasonings and spices.
Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon scoop some of your meatball mixture and form into a ball. Repeat until all of the meatballs are formed. Once all of your meatballs are formed, spray with a bit of spray pam and and put them in the oven for 15 – 20 mins or until cooked through.
While your meatballs are cooking, heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add all of your sauce ingredients, bring to a soft bubble and then simmer. I like this sweet chili sauce given it has no sugar and low carbs per serving.
Once your meatballs are done, remove them from the oven and transfer to the pan and coat with the sauce. You can top with extra cilantro and green onions.
CAN I MAKE THEM AHEAD OF TIME?
These meatballs are the perfect make ahead meal for either meal prep or for quick dinner or lunches. They store well in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them in small ziplock bags and defrost as needed throughout the week.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THESE MEATBALLS?
I personally love to serve these along side some jasmine rice and my vegetable of choice. However there are other options you can choose from:
- Basmati Rice
- Brown Rice
- Riced Cauliflower
Thai Sweet Chili Meatballs
- 1 lb Lean ground turkey 93/7
- 1/2 Shallot minced
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 handful Cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Sweet chili sauce low sugar
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce low sodium
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1 handful Cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp Green Onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl, add all ingredients for your meatballs. Next season with fish sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix your ground meat thoroughly to incorporate all ingredients.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with pam. Next, roll your meatballs into 1.5 – 2 inch size balls. Once you have all of your meatballs rolled, spray with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil or spray pam and put them in the oven and bake for 15 – 20. minutes or until cooked through.
- While your meatballs are cooking, make your sauce. Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and add your chili sauce, soy sauce and lime juice. Bring to a soft bubble then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Once meatballs are cooked, remove from oven and transfer into the skillet and coat thoroughly with the sauce.
- Once coated, you can top with extra cilantro and green onions (optional)