These easy chicken salad wraps are low carb and low fat but full of flavor. It’s such an easy recipe that it comes together in no time. If you’re craving a more classic chicken salad wrap recipe, then look no further. You’ll find yourself making this easy lunch idea weekly. Check out these other recipes you may like: Pesto chicken wrap, Asian chicken wraps, buffalo wild wings chicken wrap.
This post may contain affiliate links in which I receive a small commission.
WHY LOVE CHICKEN SALAD WRAPS
- Taste: Chicken salad wraps are known for their delicious combination of flavors. The seasoned chicken, creamy dressing, and fresh vegetables create a satisfying and tasty experience.
- Versatility: Chicken salad wraps can be customized to suit individual preferences. You can add a variety of ingredients like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, or avocados to enhance the flavor and texture.
- Convenience: Wraps are convenient to eat on the go. The portable nature of wraps makes them a popular choice for busy individuals who want a quick and easy meal.
- Healthiness: Depending on the ingredients used, chicken salad wraps can be a relatively healthy option. The inclusion of vegetables and lean protein (chicken) makes it a balanced choice for a meal.
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
I love making this chicken salad wrap recipe because it requires minimal ingredients. It’s also a really great way to use leftover chicken like grilled chicken breasts or pulled rotisserie chicken. Here is what you will need to pull together this simple recipe:
Chicken salad mix:
- Rotisserie chicken – rotisserie shredded chicken works so well in this recipe as it’s already cooked. However you can also used pulled chicken breasts or any leftover chicken you have.
- Red onion – diced raw red onion gives this chicken salad recipe a nice sweet crunch
- Celery – raw diced celery adds some additional texture and extra crunch to these wraps
- Greek yogurt – Plain greet yogurt is used for the base of the creamy mix as it has fewer calories and fat than traditional mayo. An added bonus is that it adds some additional protein to the mix. Plain greek yogurt has a similar flavor profile to sour cream.
- Low-fat mayo – just. a bit of low fat mayo is used to help balance out the flavor profile.
- Spice blend – black pepper, rosemary, paprika and salt are blended together to create a more savory chicken salad.
For the wraps you will need:
- Tortilla wraps – I used my favorite tortilla wrap from Xtreme Wellness. However some other great low carb options are: Mission carb balance tortillas or LaBanderita carb counter tortillas. Alternatively you can also use spinach or tomato wraps as well.
- Lettuce – some great lettuce options are romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce spring mix blend or for added spice and pepper notes add arugula.
- Tomato – any tomato will work with this recipe however I used what I had on hand which was Roma tomatoes.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SALAD WRAPS
On a large cutting board, place the rotisserie chicken down and begin shredding the chicken with your hands and place in a medium bowl.
Next, dice the onion and celery and place it in the mixing bowl with the chicken. Lastly add the mayo, greek yogurt and spices.
Mix everything thoroughly until the celery and onion and spices are well combined.
Note if you prefer a creamier chicken salad, add more greek yogurt or chicken salad until it is your desired consistency.
ASSEMBLING THE WRAP
On a piece of parchment paper, place the whole-wheat tortilla down. Optional, you can choose to lightly toast the tortilla on both sides prior to assembling the wrap.
Next place the lettuce on top of the wrap
Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the lettuce
Lastly top with the chicken salad mix
Wrap tightly and slice in half
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN SALAD WRAPS
Here are some great options to serve alongside this nutritious meal:
- Mixed Green Salad: A simple side salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a light vinaigrette can complement the wrap nicely.
- Fresh Fruit: Sliced fruit like watermelon, pineapple, or berries can add a refreshing and sweet contrast to the savory chicken salad.
- Chips or Crisps: Classic potato chips or vegetable crisps can add a satisfying crunch to your meal.
- Sweet Potato Fries: Baked or air-fried sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to regular fries and pair well with the wrap.
- Coleslaw Mix: A tangy coleslaw with shredded cabbage and carrots can provide a crunchy and slightly sweet side dish.
- Quinoa Salad: A light quinoa salad with vegetables and a lemon vinaigrette can be a flavorful choice.
- Hummus and Veggie Sticks: Serve the wrap with a side of hummus and colorful vegetable sticks like carrots, celery, and bell peppers.
- Soup: A cup of soup, such as tomato basil or chicken noodle, can be a warm and comforting addition.
- Grilled Vegetables: Grilled zucchini, bell peppers, and mushrooms make a tasty and healthy side dish.
- Greek Salad: A Greek salad with feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, and cucumbers can add a Mediterranean twist to your meal.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Get creative with add-ins like dried cranberries, nuts like crunchy pecans or walnuts, avocado slices, or feta cheese to enhance the flavor and texture of your chicken salad wraps.
Yes, you can prepare the chicken salad in advance and assemble the wraps just before serving to prevent them from getting soggy. Store the components separately and combine when ready to eat.
Yes, chicken salad wraps are great for meal prep. Prepare the chicken salad, store it in an airtight container, and assemble the wraps as needed.
This healthy recipe is truly one of my favorite ways to eat chicken salad. It’s one the whole family can enjoy for a quick lunch or light dinner.
If you like this recipe please feel free to leave a comment and star rating down below.
Easy Chicken Salad Wraps
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Medium bowl
- 1/2 Rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/4 cup Red onion diced
- 1/4 cup Celery diced
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Parsley dried
- Salt to taste
- 4 large Tortilla Wraps whole wheat
- 2 cups Lettuce shredded
- 1 Tomato sliced
How to Make Chicken Salad
- On a large cutting board, place the rotisserie chicken down and begin shredding the chicken with your hands and place in a medium bowl.
- Next, dice the onion and celery and place it in the mixing bowl with the chicken. Lastly add the mayo, greek yogurt and spices. Mix everything thoroughly until the celery and onion and spices are well combined.
Assembling the Wrap
- On a piece of parchment paper, place the whole-wheat tortilla down. Optional, you can choose to lightly toast the tortilla on both sides prior to assembling the wrap
- Next place the lettuce
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top
- Lastly top with the chicken salad mix
- Wrap tightly and slice in half