These easy mini chicken tacos only take 15 minutes before you’re devouring them. They are so easy to make using some simple leftover ingredients. Filled with delicious chicken breast, taco seasoning and lots of cheese they are perfect for an appetizer or as a twist on your next taco night Tuesday. Here are some other TexMex style recipes you might enjoy: Easy Cheesy Turkey Taco Skillet, 5 Ingredient Enchilada Casserole, Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Poblano Sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links in which I receive a small commission.
I fell in love with these easy mini tacos after a friend made me the Trader Joe’s mini chicken tacos. They were so delicious I knew I had to remake them at home and put my own spin on it.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE MINI TACOS
- Cute and Fun: Easy Mini chicken tacos are adorable and fun to eat. Their small size makes them perfect for snacking or a quick appetizer at parties and events.
- Flavorful: Chicken is a popular and versatile protein, and when seasoned and cooked properly, it can be incredibly flavorful. The combination of tender chicken with spices and other ingredients in a taco can create a delicious taste.
- Customizable: Tacos are highly customizable, and these mini crispy tacos are no exception. You can add various toppings and fillings to suit your taste preferences.
- Portion Control: Mini tacos offer built-in portion control. It’s easy to keep track of how many you’ve eaten, making them a good option for those trying to manage their portions.
- Favorite Toppings: Mini chicken tacos can be topped with your favorite taco toppings like salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and more. This allows for a diverse range of flavors and textures in each bite. Serve alongside my 4 ingredient fresh guacamole for a creamy dip the whole family can enjoy.
- Chicken – My easy 4 ingredient crockpot chicken works really well in this dish. However you can also use a rotisserie chicken and season it with some taco seasoning for a quick protein.
- Street taco size corn tortillas – These mini corn tortillas are perfectly bite sized and can be found alongside the regular tortillas at your local grocery store.
- Mexican shredded cheese – I use a 3 cheese Mexican cheese blend for these cheesy tacos.
HOW TO MAKE EASY MINI CHICKEN TACOS
Full recipe details are in the recipe card below
Heat a non-stick large skillet to medium heat and spray with olive oil.
On a large baking sheet, assemble your tacos. Spray both sides of each tortilla with olive oil and place on the baking sheet. Put a heaping tablespoon of the shredded chicken mixture on the tortilla. Top with a heaping tablespoon of shredded cheese.
When the skillet comes to temperature, add one of the mini street tortillas to the pan. Warm the tortilla for approximately 3 minutes then gently fold the tortilla in half into the shape of a taco.
Transfer easy mini tacos to your air fryer basket. Once all of the mini tacos are in the air fryer, spray the shells with spray pam. Air fry for 5 minutes are until the tacos are crispy and golden brown.
Remove the air fryer tacos from the air fryer basket and allow to cool. Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo, and cilantro. Enjoy!
VARIATIONS AND ADDITIONS
- Lean ground beef: Swap the chicken taco meat for lean ground beef and make some delicious mini beef tacos
- Black beans: Add some refried black beans to the tacos for some extra flavor
- Green chiles: For an extra kick and spice add some green chiles to the taco mixture
- Cheese: switch up the cheese and use a Colby jack, Pepperjack or Chichuahua.
MAKE AHEAD, STORAGE, AND REHEATING TACOS
Make ahead: these tacos, or the ingredients can be made ahead of time. I often make a big batch of my slow cooker salsa chicken in my instant pot to use in meals throughout the week.
Storage: Store leftovers or the prepped ingredients in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Reheating: Reheat leftover crispy chicken tacos in the air fryer on 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until the mini tacos are heated through.
If you make these easy mini crispy chicken taco please leave a comment and review down below! Let’s stay in touch! Feel free to follow me on my social media as I share more healthy recipes, fitness workouts and motherhood. Give a follow at: Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest!
Easy Mini Chicken Tacos
- 1 air fryer
- 1 Nonstick Skillet
- 1 lb Cooked shredded chicken breast
- 8 oz Mexican shredded cheese
- 20 Street style corn tortillas
- Spray Pam
- Sour Cream
- Heat a non-stick large skillet to medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- On a large baking sheet, assemble your tacos. Spray both sides of each tortilla with olive oil and place on the baking sheet. Put a heaping tablespoon of the shredded chicken mixture on the tortilla. Top with a heaping tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- When the skillet comes to temperature, add one of the mini street tortillas to the pan. Warm the tortilla for approximately 3 minutes then gently fold the tortilla in half into the shape of a taco and transfer to your air fryer basket.
- Once all of the mini tacos are in the air fryer, spray the shells with spray pam. Air fry for 5 minutes are until the tacos are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the air fryer tacos from the air fryer basket and allow to cool. Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo, and cilantro. Enjoy!