I love having eggs for breakfast and making these meal prep egg white muffins three ways is the perfect way to enjoy. These muffins are so easy to make and can be easily switched up for variety. If you like easy muffin recipes like this, you will also enjoy these french toast muffins.
My muffin tin gets way more use when I use it for meal prep vs. actual muffins. It creates the ideal bite sized portion for any meal. This recipe we are using it to create one of my most prepped breakfast meals that my entire family enjoys!
WHAT DOES MEAL PREP EGG WHITE MUFFINS TASTE LIKE?
That’s the really cool thing about these muffins is that you can flavor them however you like! You can make them super savory with mushrooms and turkey bacon or switch things up and make some herby egg muffins. These muffins are loaded with delicious veggies, are warm and toasty and protein packed which makes it an excellent meal. I even packed one of them with some pre-shredded crispy hash browns for a little extra crunch. Consistency wise, they are more like a crustless mini-quiche or an omelette that is baked. Either way you describe it, they are delicious!
WHAT ADD-INS DO YOU RECOMMEND?
The options for add-ins are limitless, however some of my favorites are:
- Turkey Bacon
- Turkey Sausage
- Cheese variety
- Herbs & spices
WHAT COULD I PAIR WITH THE MUFFINS?
These muffins are great on their own for breakfast or a protein fueled snack, but if you wanted to make it more of a complete meal, you can pair it with:
- 100% whole wheat toast
- Avocado toast
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP EGG WHITE MUFFINS IN THE FRIDGE?
These muffins store really well in the fridge for up to 4 days which is why I love these for meal prep. Once you finish baking them, let them cool completely to room temperature. Once they are room temp, you can store them in any air tight container.
Note, that you may see excess liquid in your container which is due to the extra veggies. To prevent this you can layer a piece of paper towel on the bottom of your container to soak up the liquid as it drains.
HOW TO REHEAT EGG WHITE MUFFINS
Since I’m usually on the go when eating these, I’ll pop these in the microwave for about 30 seconds (or until they are warmed through). However, when I have a bit more time on my hands, I like to reheat these in my air fryer on 350 degrees for about 5 – 7 minutes. They will get a little crunchy around the edges and, if you added cheese on top, it will get nice and bubbly again.
Meal Prep Egg White Muffins Three Ways
- Muffin Tin
- 2 whole Eggs
- 3 Egg whites
- 2/3 cup Shredded Hashbrowns
- 1 slice Turkey Bacon halved
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Spray your muffin tin with Pam and pre-heat oven to 375.
- In 2 muffin tins, place 1/3 cup each of your hashbrown mixture. In another 2 tins, place the halved slice of turkey bacon. Bake these for 8 – 10 minutes to get hashbrowns crispy.
- Remove from oven and put your mix ins in the muffin tins. You can mix and match however you like.
- Once you have your mix ins, in a separate bowl, mix the 2 eggs with the egg whites, salt and pepper. Then top your muffin tins with the eggs + cheese(s).
- Bake again until muffins are cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.
- Optional, can top with dried parsley and basil.