This Asian chicken burger will be a hit for grilling season! Make these for your next gathering or as an easy weeknight dinner. If you love trying different burgers you can also try this bbq turkey burger or healthy turkey burger as well.
This post may contain affiliate links in which I will receive a small commission.
Like most people, I love a good beef burger. However from time to time, I enjoy mixing things up and creating burgers with different flavors. That was the inspiration for this delicious asian chicken burger recipe. Filled with traditional asian flavors and topped with a creamy sriracha ginger lime mayo. This one will definitely be in heavy rotation in our household.
ARE ASIAN CHICKEN BURGERS HEALTHY
When approaching my healthy recipes, my philosophy is that they must still be healthy and macro friendly but never sacrificing flavor. This asian chicken burger is filled with lean protein and dark leafy greens. Using a 100% whole wheat bun completes this delicious burger.
Even better the macros are so good that you can easily slot these into your weekly meal prep rotation. Each chicken patty has 24g of protein and only 2g of fat. With the sriracha mayo and burger bun this meal comes in at 27g of protein, 34g of carbs and 7g of fat. This is one delicious burger you can enjoy guilt free.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS TASTY BURGER
This burger is loaded with a lot of traditional flavors you find in Asian cooking. The following ingredients are what you will need to make the chicken patties:
- Lean ground chicken
- Hoisin sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Green onions
- Fresh ginger (or ginger in a tube)
- Garlic clove
- Whole wheat hamburger buns
- Korean red pepper (or cayenne pepper)
CREAMY SRIRACHA MAYO SAUCE
While this burger will have your mouth watering alone, what truly makes this chicken burger sing is the creamy sriracha mayo sauce. Using part light mayo and part plain greek yogurt helps cut some of the fat down for this sauce. If you wanted to eliminate the mayo completely and use 100% greek yogurt you can do that as well. Just know it will be slightly tangier in taste.
Adding some red wine vinegar, lime juice and ginger makes this sauce truly lip smacking good! The creamy cool goodness helps cool down the heat from the burgers to make this one burger you will be making again and again.
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN CHICKEN BURGERS
Full recipe details are listed below.
In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, green onions, garlic, salt, black pepper and korean red pepper. Mix the chicken mixture together throughly by hand to ensure all ingredients are incorporated. Once the meat mixture is combined, divide mixture into 3 equal sections to form the patties.
Heat a large frying pan or grill pan to medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of sesame oil to the pan. If using a grill pan, spray with cooking spray. Place burgers in the pan and cook the burger patties on both side for 5 minutes or until both sides are golden brown and the juices run clear. You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Set aside
To make the creamy sriracha ginger lime mayo in a medium bowl add:
- light mayo
- plain greek yogurt
- grated fresh ginger
- lime juice
- splash of rice wine vinegar
Mix all of the ingredients together and then add the slaw mixture to the sauce and evenly coat. I used a prepackage version you can find HERE or you can make a similar mixture using red cabbage, carrots and broccoli slaw.
HOW TO BUILD THE BURGERS
Once you are ready to build your burgers, this is the method I like to do it in. First, add a tablespoon of the sriracha lime mayo to bun bottoms and bun tops. Next, add your chicken patty then top it with the slaw mixture. For additional flavor, I top the burger with sliced pickled red onions.
Asian Chicken Burger
- 1 lb Ground chicken
- 1.5 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic diced
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated or paste
- 1/2 tsp Korean red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 pkg Broccoli slaw mixture
Sriracha Ginger Lime Mayo
- 2 tbsp Light mayo
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt plain
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Ginger freshly grated
- 1/4 wedge Lime Juiced
- In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, green onions, garlic, salt, black pepper and Korean red pepper.
- Mix the chicken mixture together throughly by hand to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Once the meat mixture is combined, divide mixture into 3 equal sections to form the patties.
- Heat a large frying pan or grill pan to medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of sesame oil to the pan.
- Place burgers in the pan and cook the burger patties on both side for 5 minutes or until both sides are golden brown and the juices run clear.
- Mix all of the ingredients together for the mayo sauce
- Add the slaw mixture to the sauce and evenly coat