Cheesecake Factory Tex Mex Egg rolls are one of my favorite things to eat. I’m showing you how you can easily reinvent a meal to make this popular dish at home. All you need are a few leftover ingredients and you can magically reinvent your meal into something fresh and new. If you’ve made my chicken sheet pan fajitas, then you already have a head start on this easy recipe.
So this is what happens, you’ve made a meal and you’ve eaten it the same way what feels like a million times and you’re about ready to throw the last of it away. Wait! Before you do, let me show you how easy it is to turn this into something that is fresh and tasty.
WHAT ARE CHEESECAKE FACTORY TEX MEX EGG ROLLS
These ooey gooey egg rolls are a perfect snackable bite if you’re craving anything south of the border. Popularized at a notable chain restaurant as one of their favorite appetizers. Naturally, I understand why. They are filled with lots of cheese, shredded chicken, black beans and veggies. Served with an avocado dip and no one can resist them. These yummy treats blend all the classic flavors of Tex Mex into one roll.
ARE THESE TEX MEX EGG ROLLS HEALTHY
My philosophy is anything can be healthy and nutritious depending on how it’s prepared. Cheesecake Factory version of these Tex Mex egg rolls come in at a whopping 930 calories per serving along with 53g of fat! By making these at home, we are slashing a fourth of those calories per serving and very minimal fat grams. Making these homemade, air fried counterparts very waist friendly.
CAN I DEEP FRY THESE VS AIR FRY
Absolutely. That said, when I can, I choose to air fry because overall it is healthier for you. Air frying cuts calories by 70% – 80% vs. deep frying which is a substantial amount. If you still choose to deep fry them, try using oils that have better benefits for you such as avocado oil, coconut oil or sesame oil. No matter how you choose to fry them, they are sure to be crunchy and tasty!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED FOR THESE TEX MEX EGGROLLS
If you’re anything like me, you probably already have most of the items needed on hand to make this quick snack. Nevertheless, if a trip to the grocery store is on your to-do list, add these items so you are prepared when the craving hits:
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Chicken breast or you can use roasted chicken
- Black beans
- Frozen corn
- Frozen mixed peppers
- Grape tomatoes
- Shredded cheese
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO STORE THESE
I found the best way to store these is in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Place them in an air tight container or in a ziplock bag for easy access. These Tex Mex appetizers do freeze well however I’d recommend not defrosting them. It’s best to reheat them (from the refrigerator or frozen) straight in the oven on 225 degrees or on the reheat function of the air fryer.
Cheesecake Factory Tex Mex Egg Rolls
- air fryer
- 1 pkg Egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup Cubed chicken
- 1/4 cup Cooked peppers
- 1/4 cup Black Beans Drained
- 1/4 cup Corn Frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup Shredded cheese
- 1 handful Grape tomatoes Diced
- 1 handful Cilantro Chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Jalapeno chili powder
- In a bowl, place all the filling ingredients together except for the cheese and mix thoroughly
- Next on a flat surface, lay an egg roll wrapper diagonally and place about 1 – 2 tbsp of shredded cheese. Scoop 2 tbsp of chicken filling into the wrapper
- Next, wet the edges of the wrapper with water (can use your fingers or a brush) and wrap the egg roll tightly and set aside
- Repeat this process for all of your mixture
- Once all egg rolls are wrapped, spray with some extra virgin olive oil and transfer to an air fryer
- Cook in the air fryer on 400 degrees for approx. 12 – 15 mins or until the wrappers are cooked and golden brown
- Once cooked, remove and let stand for 2 – 3 minutes to cool