Starbucks Turkey bacon sandwich is always my go-to whenever I visit the cafe. It’s right up my alley by being macro and calorie friendly all while being yummy too. Filled with egg whites, turkey bacon, sliced white cheddar cheese all squeezed between a whole wheat english muffin. Who could resist that?
So, here is how I was first introduced to these delicious sandwiches. I was with one of my friends and she wanted to make a Starbucks run because she had to have one of their egg white turkey bacon sandwiches. I seriously questioned why she was craving what seemed like a pretty simple sandwich. Once we got to the cafe, I followed suit and ordered the same thing. That’s when it hit me. It wasn’t anything completely mind blowing, however the deliciousness was in the simplicity of the sandwich. Needless to say, I was hooked after that.
WHY STARBUCKS TURKEY BACON SANDWICH
Breakfast sandwiches are always a perfect make ahead meal so that breakfast is a breeze. Four simple ingredients come together to make a complete meal, truly can’t beat that. I didn’t need to do much in order to recreate this meal to be healthier given it already comes in great as is.
CAN I MAKE THESE AHEAD OF TIME
Not only can you make these ahead of time, I encourage you to make these ahead of time. When I make these, I usually make the entire package, which is about 6 english muffins in a single sitting. This will last me for quick breakfasts or a late snack for the week.
HOW DO I STORE THEM
If you do plan to make these ahead of time, there are several ways you can store them. First, before placing them in the fridge, let them cool down to room temperature. Then you can either store them in an airtight container. I really like these from rubbermaid, which helps keep out the moisture in the container. Or you can wrap them in foil or store them in ziplock bags.
These also freeze beautifully as well. I like to wrap mine first in plastic wrap then wrap them in foil. You can go an extra step and place them in a large ziplock bag so you can locate them easily.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE EGG WHITE TURKEY BACON SANDWICH
As I mentioned previously, it’s truly four simple ingredients that comprise this sandwich
- Whole wheat english muffin
- Turkey bacon
- Swiss cheese
- Egg whites
For the english muffin, I prefer using Dave Killer bread whole wheat english muffins. My turkey bacon of choice is generally any uncured turkey bacon, my favorite has always been Applegate Turkey bacon. In order to control additional calories and fat, I use Sargento’s thin sliced swiss cheese for this sandwich.
ALTERNATIVES FOR TURKEY BACON
Of course if you aren’t a huge fan of turkey bacon, I have made these a few different ways and they still come out equally delicious.
- You can choose to use:
- Chicken sausage patties
- Pork sausage patties
- Canadian bacon
If you make a variety of ones, be sure to label them before storing unless you like a nice surprise in the morning!
Starbucks Turkey Bacon Sandwich
- 1 Whole wheat english muffin
- 1 slice White cheddar cheese or baby Swiss cheese
- 1 slice Turkey Bacon
- 3 Egg whites
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spray Pam
- Cut your english muffin and lightly toast in a toaster.
- In a skillet, bring to medium heat and spray with Pam. Once heated, add your egg whites and scramble to cook through. Once eggs are cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Next add your turkey bacon to the pan and cook through. While the turkey bacon is cooking, start assembling your sandwich. Break slice of cheese in half and place one piece on each side of the muffin. Next add your egg whites to the bottom half of the english muffin. Once turkey bacon is cooked through, add to the top half of the muffin and close together.
- In the same skillet, spray pan again and lightly toast each side of the english muffin to melt cheese. This will be approximately 1 minute per side.
- Can be enjoyed immediately or stored in the fridge or freezer for later.